What types or forms of art do you usually enjoy everyday? For those of you who like music, maybe you are used to listening to songs from radio, cellphones, or watching your favorite singer music concerts. From television broadcasts, you also usually enjoy various forms of art, from films to comedy shows. Maybe, you have also watched exhibitions of painting and crafts. So many art forms around us, ranging from traditional to contemporary art. Usually, anthropologists highlight art as a symptom of culture, namely by the activity of compiling catalogs, photographing, recording, and describing all forms of imaginative activities in a particular culture. The results of this imagination are various types of art such as music, social dances, legends, clothes, blankets, pottery styles, ornaments of buildings, monuments, and others. But in general, some of these art forms can be classified as follows.
Fine art is a branch of art that forms works of art that can be captured by the eye and felt palpably. The impression given by art is the result of the concept of lines, fields, shapes, volumes, colors, textures, and lighting with aesthetic references. Roughly speaking, the translation of art in English is a fine art. However, according to the development of modern art this term becomes more specific to the notion of pure art. This is to distinguish between the terms craft or visual arts. When viewed from its size, fine art can take the form of two dimensions or three dimensions. Two-dimensional art consists of units of length and width, such as paintings or cartoons. While three-dimensional art consists of length, width and height, for example sculptures and crafts.
1) Art Fields
Visual arts fields consist of:
1. Pure Fine Arts. Pure art is a field of fine art that prioritizes creativity, sense and intention of human beings in something beautiful to express themselves. Those classified as pure art include painting, graphic arts, sculpture, installation art, ceramics, film art, and photography.
2. Applied Fine Arts (Kriya Art). Applied art is a field of art that creates works that can be used to meet human needs. Which are classified as craft art are textile craft, wood craft, ceramic craft, and rattan craft.
3. Design. Design art is an art field that studies the design or form of a work of art. Included in design art include architecture, graphic design, interior design, fashion design, and product design.
2) Functions of Fine Arts
In the front it has been explained that by art, humans are able to express the thoughts and atmosphere of the environment that surrounds them. Likewise with art, the art field has several functions or roles in human life, including:
• Media or means of communication.
• Media or means of expressing themselves or achieving inner satisfaction.
• Increase the beauty of goods or products created by humans so that their economic value increases.
• As a complement to the necessities of life.
• As a personal or individual pride.
b. Literature Art
Are you a person who likes reading? What types of reading do you often enjoy? There are so many benefits you get when you are diligent in reading. You will know more things and with that knowledge, you will easily analyze various problems and be able to find a solution. Now, can you tell which reading or books are classified as literary works and not? To find out, you need to understand the following understanding of literary art.